Ramen Heresy

Japanese/American Cultural Collision

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

International Alarm Clock

My fiance's friend and co-worker is undergoing fertility treatments and will have her fertilized eggs put back into her womb today. That means that she can't move around much for the next four days while the eggs re-adhere to the womb wall. My fiance will have to do both their jobs for the next few days, so she cannot afford to be late for work. Consequently it becomes my job to make sure she gets up for work on time. "So what" you say? Did I mention we live sixteen time zones apart? You know it's love when you'll make an international call to make sure she gets up for work on time.

Ganbatte K-san! Hopefully, you'll be preggers when I return to Japan next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home